38.03.01 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- The programme is designed to train experts who are capable of: identifying and analysing relationships in economic systems of various levels; developing and taking economic, financial and organisational decisions; and evaluating their results, taking into account socio-economic efficiency, risks and possible socio-economic consequences
- Students acquire fundamental knowledge in economics, mathematics, social sciences and humanities. This includes fundamental training in: modern economic theory, mathematics, computer science, statistics, econometrics, and foreign languages. Students also study applied economic disciplines, carry out research, and have practical training and internships
- Finance and Financial Management
- Social and Economic Statistics
- World Economics and International Relations
- Money, Credit, Banking
- General Theory of Statistics
- Corporate Economics
- Business Fundamentals (online course)
- Economic History
- History of Russia (online course)
- History of Economic Theories
- Basics of Economic Theory
- Mathematical Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Probability theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Foreign Languages (English, Russian as a Foreign Language)
- The programme combines the traditions of classical university education with modern innovations in the field of business education.
- Our graduates are much-in-demand in the labour market. Top scholars and respected practitioners are involved in the implementation of the programme.
- International bachelor's degree provides an opportunity to continue education in many countries throughout the world.
- There are ample opportunities for exchange education in foreign universities under direct agreements with partner universities and various international student exchange programmes.
- There are various programmes of financial support and incentives for students. They are involved in research activities, and creation and practical application of new knowledge.
Students have the opportunity to participate in academic mobility programmes. The list of partner universities includes more than 300 leading universities in Europe, America and Asia. Depending on the programme, students can apply for scholarships, as well as paid or free accommodation in a hostel. The list of academic mobility programmes is updated annually.
Examples of academic partners
- University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- University of Economics in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Hanken School of Economics (Finland)
The graduates acquire an opportunity to work as junior analysts, economists and managers at private and public companies (and their structural divisions) in various fields of activity (marketing, financial regulation, investment and innovation, international cooperation), local administrations, government agencies, research and educational organisations.
- Business analyst
- Internal auditor
- Marketing expert
- Valuation specialist
- Specialist in procurement
- Specialist in bank treasury
- Specialist in foreign economic activity
- Compliance officer
- Specialist in mortgage lending
- Specialist in corporate lending
- Credit brokerage specialist
- Specialist in microfinance operations
- Specialist in interbank market transactions
- Specialist in payment systems
- Specialist in payment services
- Specialist in consumer lending
- Specialist in investment projects
- Specialist in arrears administration
- Insurance specialist
- Risk management specialist
- Specialists in financial consulting
- Specialist in securities market
- Insurance brokers
Organisations where our graduates work
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- North-Western Main Branch of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, the Department for Supervision of Insurance Entities
- Sberbank, the Non-Performing Loan Management Department
- Gazprom Mezhregiongaz, the Commercial Development Department
- The Government of the Leningrad Region, PPP Development Department of the Division of Investment Development and Project Management of the Committee for Economic Development and Investment Development of the Leningrad Region
- Rusfinance Bank
The programme is internationally accredited by: the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the letter of certification dated 26 January 2018; and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (АССА), the letter of certification dated 12 March 2017.