The History of Iran and Afghanistan
58.03.01 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The bachelor’s programme "The History of Iran and Afghanistan" is aimed at developing in students a holistic understanding of the political, economic, social, cultural, ethnic, confessional, linguistic, and other features of the countries in the region. Students also study in depth Persian and Arabic as their target languages, Dari and Pashto as their additional languages, and one or two European languages.
This academic programme is aimed at applicants who want to build a successful career in: various Russian and international institutions; divisions of Russian and international companies and institutions; state authorities; and administrative institutions.
- History of Asian and African Countries (Ancient Middle East)
- History of Asian and African Countries (Ancient Far East)
- Introduction to Asian and African Studies
- Geography of Iran and Afghanistan
- Ethnography and Culture of Iran and Afghanistan
- History of Iran and Afghanistan
- Asian and African Religions
The programme trains specialists with the requisite professional skills, including cultural and linguistic ones corresponding to their major. Graduates are ready to conduct research, teaching, and organisational and managerial activities in the field of Asian and African studies.