Instrumental Performance: Organ, Harpsichord and Carillon
53.03.02 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- The bachelor’s programme ‘Instrumental Performance: Organ, Harpsichord and Carillon’ is the only one in Russia that provides an opportunity to receive a fundamental classical humanitarian education and simultaneously learn to play three old keyboard musical instruments: the organ, the harpsichord and the carillon
- The programme provides an in-depth study of the history and theory of musical art and is designed to train music performers who have research skills in early music. The programme focuses on an authentic, historically accurate interpretation of musical works
- History of Foreign Music
- History of Russian Music
- History of Organ Art
- History of the Art of Clavier Performance
- Ensemble Performance Class
- Concertmaster Class
- Management in Culture and Arts (in English)
The programme trains professional musicians on the organ, the harpsichord and the carillon, who are able to: master classical and new repertoire; and work in a creative team and as a soloist in concert activities. They will also have skills of research work in musical art as well as basic skills of music pedagogy.
Graduates start their careers in concert organisations, philharmonic societies, and institutions of secondary vocational and additional education.