Accounting, Analysis, Audit
38.04.01 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
The master's programme ‘Accounting, Analysis, Audit’ combines a classical education in economics with innovative technologies and methods of training specialists in accounting, financial analysis and audit, who are capable of working in Russian and foreign companies. The programme is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (АССА).
Professional standards, ACCA recommendations and employers' recommendations were taken into account while developing the programme. Fundamental training in economics is combined with in-depth study of basic and applied disciplines in financial and management accounting, auditing, financial management and taxation, research and practical work of master’s students. The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the compliance of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
The programme is designed to prepare professionals in accounting, financial analysis and auditing who are highly adaptable to the ever-changing economic environment. This is ensured by the fundamental knowledge and skills acquired through a classical economics education. The academic programme provides:
- an individual approach to students;
- creative approach to teaching based on cutting-edge methods;
- research in the theory and practice of accounting, analysis and auditing, focused on the development of modern schools of thought; and
- close relations with the business community, the international academic community and professional accounting and financial certification organisations (ACCA).
- Conceptual Framework of Management Accounting
- Computerisation of Accounting and Taxation Using 1С: Accounting Solutions
- Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Budgeting and Performance Measurement
- Consolidated Financial Reporting
- Financial Accounting for Multinational Companies
- Graduates intending to continue postgraduate professional training for an ACCA diploma (qualification) are exempted from eight out of the 13 exams in basic compulsory subjects, including: Accounting in Business, Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Performance Management, Financial Reporting, Audit and Assurance, Financial Management. It can significantly reduce their expenditure of time and money while earning a globally recognised ACCA certificate.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities of graduates that are specific to a particular academic programme:
- Students acquire in-depth theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the methodology of financial reporting and interpreting reported data for making current and strategic managerial decisions.
- They know the theory and practice of international auditing, and have skills in selecting and developing audit methods, techniques and tools. They are able to assess and justify the level of materiality and risks during audits.
- They are ready to independently develop methods for organising the work of accounting, financial and economic services of enterprises, taking into account the information requirements of the main users of financial information.
- They have skills in working out professional judgement when qualifying and evaluating facts of economic life for: accounting purposes; preparing reports according to Russian and international accounting and reporting standards; and conducting audits.
· Students have an opportunity to take part in academic mobility programmes in accordance with their research interests within the framework of St Petersburg University agreements with the world's leading research centres. Cooperation agreements on academic mobility programmes between St Petersburg University and foreign partner universities are available via the link.
- Performance management / management accounting
- Financial reporting
- Audit and related services
- Financial management
- Accounting and taxation
The programme is aimed at training highly qualified professionals in accounting, financial analysis and audit. They are equipped with fundamental economic knowledge and trained for analytical, research and teaching activities in these areas. They can pursue a dynamic career in financial, tax and audit services of Russian and foreign companies.
- Specialists of accounting, analytical and financial services of various organisations
- Auditors and consultants
- Internal auditors
- Specialists of planning and economic departments
The programme was first accredited in Russia in April 2014 by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) (confirmed by a letter from ACCA dated 1 December 2020). The accreditation is valid until 31 December 2026.