Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Hydrogeodynamic Modelling
- Engineering Hydrogeology
- Comprehensive Study of Hydrogeological Objects
- Multiphase Fluid Flow in Porous Media
- Engineering-Geological Characteristics of Genetic Soil Types
- Geotechnical Calculations
- Engineering Geocryology
- Research Methods for Subsoils of Special Composition and Structure
- Engineering Surveys for Different Types of Constructions
- Hydrogeology of Mineral Resource Management
- Supplementary Chapters of Engineering Geodynamics
- Engineering Geophysics
- Corrosion and Corrosion Prevention of Engineering Constructions
Students can use the opportunity to take part in various student exchange programmes within the framework of international agreements of St Petersburg University with foreign partner universities.
- Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater
- Pollution migration in the underground hydrosphere
- Groundwater resources and reserves
- Geotechnical calculations
- Engineering surveys for various types of construction
- Engineering geocryology
- Rock massifs and methods of their study
- This master’s programme is interdisciplinary. It is aimed at providing our graduates with an advanced knowledge applicable both in practice and in scientific research.
- The programme integrates theoretical knowledge and practical skills in geology, engineering geology including pedology and hydrogeology.
- The programme combines both comprehensive fundamental geological training and an individual approach to each student. We offer: a wide range of optional courses; scientific collaboration with major universities and companies abroad; and summer field work in the most exciting places in Russia and abroad.
- The programme incorporates all essential science and methodology behind engineering geological surveys, hydrological conditions, and exogenous and endogenous processes. The combination of courses we offer enables our graduates to acquire comprehensive knowledge and skills to tackle research and production problems.
Our graduates gain the capacity for
- scientific research in academic institutions, research institutes, and higher educational establishments
- research, development and production, for instance in oil producing companies
- management in state ecological control bodies, in construction planning, and in research, development and production companies of the oil and gas industry
- project work in state and private project companies
- expert work in geological engineering and hydrology in state organisations and businesses
- academic work in establishments of higher, secondary and vocational education.
- geological engineer
- research fellow
- university lecturer
- party chief
Organisations where our graduates work
- organisations within the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation
- organisations within the Russian Federation Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Response
- organisations within the Ministry of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation
- federal and regional agencies for mineral resources
- private companies or self-employment
- academic and departmental geological scientific research institutions
- organisations carrying out environmental monitoring and problem solving
- universities in Russia and abroad, and establishments of secondary and vocational education.