Institutional Analysis of Modern Markets
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Economics of Regulated Markets and Public Procurement
- Industrial Economics and Government Policy
- Contract Theory and Labour Market
- Institutional Analysis of Economy and Entrepreneurship in Russia
- Economic Dynamics and Development Institutions
- Practice of Marketing Research
- Institutional Analysis of High-tech Markets
- Business Strategies and Macroeconomic Regulation
- Information Resources and Applied Methods of Analysis
- Macroeconomics. Advanced Level
- Econometrics. Advanced Level
- The interdisciplinary approach found in this programme makes it possible to combine an academic focus with exploration of modern applied analytical methods used in the corporate, public and non-profit sectors of the economy. This combination is based on the use of advanced concepts of institutional economics that integrate the achievements of modern economic science. This includes modern institutional, behavioural and experimental economics.
- Students acquire extended competitive professional competencies enabling them to perform a multi-level economic analysis of modern markets. This is from the macro level to the level of research of firms' and consumers' behavioural strategies in various markets. Such analysis is required for managerial decision-making, both in business operation and in the system of government authorities.
- Leading scientists in the field of institutional economics and market analysis, including foreign experts, are involved in the educational process.
- Students acquire specific skills in the search for information sources, working with data and economically competent interpretation of the results. They master the tools of competitive, marketing, institutional and other types of analysis. They are also trained to organise the work of analytical research groups and present final analytical materials.
- We apply the methods of project-based learning and case studies in the field of market analysis under the guidance of leading teachers in cooperation with our partner companies (or commissioned by them). Students also acquire and develop competencies in the development and implementation of their own methods of the quantitative and qualitative types of market analysis.
- Students have an opportunity to build a career both in the field of market research and market analysis at analytical centres, consulting companies, corporations, governmental agencies, and in the academic field, with subsequent admission to doctoral programmes.
- Our prospective students are bachelor's/specialist's graduates with a level of English proficiency comparable to the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The University of Richmond (the USA)
- The University of Warsaw (Poland)
- Renmin University of China (Beijing)
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (China)
- The Belarusian State University (the Republic of Belarus)
- Institutional analysis of various markets (high-technology products, commodity markets, service markets)
- Barriers or prospects for the development of various areas (health care, culture, education, financial institutions)
- Competition analysis and the specific features of contractual relations in the market
- The institutional role of the intellectual property market in an innovative economy
- Theory of institutional changes
- Institutional market research in the production factors (e.g. labour)
- Economics and law
- Economics of corruption and shadow economy
- Public sector economics
- Economic theory of property rights
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Committee for Investments of St Petersburg
- Committee for the Industrial Policy and Innovations of St Petersburg
- Committee for Employment of St Petersburg
- Baltika Brewery
- St Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Nissan Manufacturing RUS