General and Cognitive Psychology
37.04.01 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Data Analysis and Visualisation in Psychology in R and Matlab
- Cognitive Psychology
- IT Methods for Constructing Psychological Experiments
- Identity Construction
- General Psychology of Body-Oriented Phenomena
- Experience and Meaning: Research Interview
- Cognitive Processes: Research Interview
- Practical Classes in Diagnostics of Cognitive Functions
- Psychological Potential of Culture
- Psychology of Consciousness
- Introduction to Terms and Definitions of Contemporary Psychology
- Psychology of Intelligence and Creativity
- Among the lecturers of the programme are: successful young scholars (specialists in cognitive research); and renowned professors and associate professors in Russia who are founders of their own research and theoretical traditions.
- The programme provides fundamental training: sophisticated research tasks; high requirements; and in-depth study of primary sources – articles and books in Russian and English.
- Students have an opportunity to take part in international conferences and various research projects, some of which are carried out jointly with colleagues from the world’s top universities.
- There is an opportunity to do an internship on the basis of world-class laboratories established within the framework of the mega-grants programme of the Government of the Russian Federation.
- The University of Delaware (the USA)
- The University of Portsmouth (Great Britain)
- The University of Edinburgh (Great Britain)
- Aarhus University (Denmark)
- The University of Houston (the USA)
- Yale University (the USA)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- The Plovdiv University Paisii Hilendarski (Bulgaria)
- Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski (Bulgaria)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania)
- The University of Minho (Portugal)
- The University of Beira Interior (Portugal)
- The Jagiellonian University (Poland)
- Tohoku University (Japan)
- The University of Santiago de Compostela - USC (Spain)
- The University of Zaragoza (Spain)
Main areas of research
- Cognitive and personality prerequisites for intellectual efficiency / inefficiency
- Processes for understanding verbal and iconic texts
- Understanding different forms of humour
- Psychophysiological mechanisms of thinking and speech
- Narrative identity construction
- Time image and spatial metaphors of time perspective
- Moral consciousness and trust/distrust as social and cognitive mechanisms in communicative acts
- Possibilities and limitations of the cognitive unconscious
- Perception and processing of conflicting and ambiguous incentives
- Cognitive control mechanisms
- Perceptual categorising mechanisms
- Psychological and psychophysiological components of attention processes
- Psychophysics and perceptual illusions
- The role of implicit knowledge in learning and decision making
- The role of consciousness in human cognitive activity
- The psychological potential of culture and subjective well-being
- Graduates receive a universal and much-in-demand education in the research, educational and practical sphere. This makes it possible to be fully functional as researchers, teachers, consulting psychologists, coaches, analysts, and experts.
- Graduates of the programme carry out analytical work in various private and public companies (for example, they work as a research psychologist, specialist in personnel assessment and testing, monitoring user behaviour, and profiling).
- An important competitive advantage of the programme is that the fundamental nature of training and focus on a flexible set of competencies provide graduates with the opportunity to successfully and quickly adapt to the changing conditions of the professional market. The programme also develops the skills to create innovative products that have no analogues, which makes them unique and much-in-demand specialists.