International Humanitarian Cooperation
41.04.05In english and russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Current Issues in International Cultural Exchange Studies
- Methodology of Study of International Cultural Integration
- Key Methodological Issues in Studying European Education Space
- Political Aspects of International Human Rights Protection Studies
- Foreign Cultural Policy Studies
- Historical Memory Politics in the Context of Contemporary International Relations
- It is the only master's programme in Russia and abroad aimed at training researchers in the field of international relations and as practitioners in the field of international cultural cooperation.
- Graduates are fully functional in foundations and cultural centres in Russia and abroad.
- A creative team of teachers who have rich educational experience and are reputable and well-known scholars. Almost all courses are provided with tutorials, textbooks, academic papers and monographs written by the lecturers of the programme.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of graduates of the master's programme makes it possible for them to: participate in the preparation of high-profile international cultural events; be engaged in research activities; and continue their scholarly work.
- Practice training is held in various field-specific institutions of St Petersburg: the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly; the Committee for Culture; the St Petersburg Association for International Cooperation; the Committee for Physical Culture and Sport; the Administration of St Petersburg; and others.
- Students take part in the traditional international conference ‘Intercultural Dialogue in the Modern World’, which is held together with the St Petersburg Association for Cultural Cooperation.
- People-to-people ties are currently playing an increasingly important role in the world. They contribute to the popularity of the programme, which has already been completed by more than 100 students from Russia and abroad.
- Pembroke College, the University of Cambridge (Great Britain)
- The Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation, Florence (Italy)
- The Department of the Russian Language and Culture, the Università degli Studi di Perugia (Italy)
- The Institute of Northeast Asian Studies, the Tianjin Academyof Social Sciences (China)
- Cultural foreign policy of countries
- International cultural relations as an instrument of state foreign policy
- International cooperation in the field of culture at the state level in the Russian Federation
- Cultural integration in the contemporary world: the interaction of world cultures; the adaptation and integration of migrants in present-day society; the status and activities of national diasporas; the policy of the Russian Federation in the field of protecting the rights of compatriots
- International research and academic activities; content analysis of the activities of international organisations and interstate cooperation in the field of education, science and culture
- International cooperation in the field of physical culture and sport; the Olympic movement and international sports organisations; the phenomenon of ‘sports diplomacy’
- Social activities in the contemporary international political, social, cultural space
- The main forms and directions of public diplomacy
- The development of humanitarian progress and its impact on the process of humanisation of international relations
- The role of inter-civilisation communication in relations between nations and in the formation of the contemporary global order: issues of interethnic and interfaith interaction
The graduates can work at governmental agencies and business structures, Russian and international cultural centres, in the field of international tourism and education.