Risk Management and Insurance
38.04.08 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The master's programme ‘Risk Management and Insurance’ has been implemented at the Faculty of Economics of St Petersburg University since 2012.
- It contains a wide range of courses in risk management and insurance. This provides graduates with the in-depth knowledge and professional competencies needed to build a career in this field.
- The programme provides an individual approach to students based on their academic and professional interests. It combines a fundamental financial and economic education with practice-oriented disciplines based on the achievements of modern schools of thought, links with the international academic community and the insurance business environment.
- The programme will be of interest both to: applicants with a degree in economics or finance who want to receive a deeper knowledge of insurance and risk management; and insurance market practitioners who want to upgrade their qualifications and receive a higher economic education.
- Bank Risk Management
- Risk Management. Advanced Level
- Risk Estimation
- Insurance Markets
- Finance and Financial Management of Insurance Undertaking
- Accounting, Control and Audit of Insurance Operations
- Management of Insurance Agencies
- Life Insurance
- Pension Systems and Social Insurance
Students have an opportunity to take part in academic mobility programmes in accordance with their research interests within the framework of St Petersburg University agreements with the world's leading research centres. Cooperation agreements on academic mobility programmes between St Petersburg University and foreign partner universities are available via the link.
- Modern technology in risk management
- Digital technology in insurance
- Various aspects of economic risk management
- Development trends of insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance infrastructure, and the Russian and global insurance market
- Management of insurance and insurance brokerage companies and private pension funds
- Financial management, accounting, control and audit of insurance companies
- Investment activities of insurance companies
- Insurance marketing
- Certain types of insurance: Russian and international best practices
- The programme provides an opportunity to receive a fundamental financial and economic education and special knowledge in: risk assessment and management; finance, accounting, analysis and audit of insurance organisations; and management and planning of insurance organisations' activities.
- An important advantage of the programme, making it unique, is its accreditation in compliance with the three professional standards governing activities in the field of insurance and risk management.
- Training is provided by lecturers who have practical experience or are practicing specialists in the field of insurance, financial management, brokerage and risk management.
- The training involves close ties with the academic community and the insurance business environment. Students will conduct research focused on the achievements of modern scientific schools of thought and the cutting-edge technologies of the digital economy.
- The training opens up employment opportunities at Russian and international insurance and reinsurance companies, government agencies, insurance brokerage organisations, and risk management departments of enterprises and organisations.
- Heads of finance and insurance services and departments
- Heads of risk management departments
- Risk management specialist
- Directors of insurance companies or their branches
- Directors of insurance brokerage companies
- Insurance brokers
- Specialists in financial consulting
- Specialists in market research and analysis
The programme has professional and public accreditation from the Association of Financial Market Participants ‘The Council for the Council for the Development of Professional Qualifications’, the Certificate dated 7 April 2017.