Russia and China in International Finance and Trade
38.04.01 In english
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
• The master's programme ‘Russia and China in Global Finance and Trade (in English)’ is focused on the study of issues related to: the development of financial markets and trade policies of Russia and China; as well as the transformation of their role in the international trade system and monetary and financial sphere. Particular attention is paid to: the analysis of the application of new financial and digital technologies in Russia and China; and the study of the prospects for further development of both countries' foreign economic relations, and bilateral cooperation between the countries both at the interstate level and at the business level. The programme includes a range of unique courses delivered by leading Russian and international specialists, who use active teaching tools. • The programme is taught entirely in English. Chinese can be taken on an elective basis. The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the compliance of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities. • The programme is aimed at those who want to link their future career with economic and financial interaction with China.
• Development of the International Trading System: Current Trends and Challenges
• World Financial Markets
• Russia and China in International Settlements and Monetary Relations
• Public Finance: Theory and Practice in Russia and China
• Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice in Russia and China
• Banking Systems and Monetary Control in Russia and China
• Current Issues in the Economies of Russia and China
• Russia and China in the International Trading System
• International Transport Corridors under the Belt and Road Initiative
• Russia and China in International Business
• The programme is taught entirely in English. Chinese can be taken on an elective basis. Based on an interdisciplinary approach, the programme trains high calibre experts in: financial and credit relations; international trade; development and implementation of government trade policy; and development of a foreign economic strategy for a company and organisation.
• Graduates are equally successful in research, expert, analytical, practical and organisational activities in the fields of economics, finance and trade in Russia and China.
• The programme combines research and practice.
• The programme was developed jointly with Renmin University of China.
• The programme focuses on mutual economic cooperation between the countries.
• The programme offers the opportunity to study the Chinese language.
• Teaching is provided by leading experts from St Petersburg University and Chinese partner universities.
- Renmin University of China (Beijing)
- Putian University (Shanghai)
- Peking University
- Beijing Normal University (China)