04.03.01In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- The bachelor's programme ‘Chemistry’ is designed to train students who will be ready for professional activities in various fields, including production, research and teaching.
- Training is conducted in accordance with the model of a classical university education. It is aimed at developing competencies that require fundamental knowledge in advanced areas of chemistry and skills in state-of-the-art experimental and theoretical methods.
- The interdisciplinary nature of chemical science makes it possible for students to acquire skills useful in biology and medicine, physics and technology, and geology and Earth sciences.
- General Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Quantum Chemistry
- Colloid Chemistry
- Spectral Methods in Chemistry
- Theoretical Fundamentals of Chemical Technology
- Chemistry of Macromolecular Compounds
- Lectures and practical courses developed in a unique way are aimed to provide skills in solving important research and production issues.
- Highly experienced teaching staff who have academic publications in top-rated Russian and international journals and are award winners for their achievements in chemistry.
- Students are trained to work with: advanced scientific equipment that makes it possible to solve a wide range of production issues; as well as unique instrument facilities that practically do not have analogues in the Russian Federation.
- Students are provided with opportunities to acquire skills in: participating in academic discussions; and preparing and defending their projects for scientific grants and small enterprises in the field of promoting new technologies and materials.
- Leipzig University (Germany)
- Universität Hamburg (Germany)
- National Taiwan University (Taiwan, China)
- The University of Helsinki (Finland)
- Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (Finland)
- ParisTech (France)
- Malmö University (Sweden)
- Stockholm University (Sweden)
- University College London (Great Britain)
- TU Dortmund University (Germany)
- RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- The Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Germany)
- The University of Barcelona (Spain)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (China)
- Peking University (China)
- The University of Groningen (the Netherlands)
- The University of Southern California (the USA)
- The University of Regensburg (Germany)
- Wroclaw University (Poland)
Partner organisations where students have practical training are leading institutions in the field of creating new technologies and high-tech equipment.
- Joint Stock Company BIOCAD
- Institute of Silicate Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Macromolecular Compounds of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- QA engineer
- R&D engineer
- Analytical equipment operator
- Secondary school teacher
- Sales Manager
The programme is internationally accredited by the Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance and Career Development (AKKORK), the Certificate dated 12 December 2019. It is also professionally accredited by the European Chemistry Thematic Network (ECTN)Chemistry@Eurobachelor, the Certificate dated 12 December 2019.