46.03.01In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The bachelor's programme ‘History’ develops a skills set that makes it possible to be versed in: the history of Russia; general history; the historical process in general and man's place in it; and cultural achievements as a result of historical development. The programme also focuses on developing students' research skills of working with historical records. Field research practices and internships at partner organisations provide professional market-oriented activities
- History of Russia
- Contemporary History of Russia
- History of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Medieval State and Law
- History of Slavic and Balkan Countries
- Modern and Contemporary History
- History of International Relations
- History of the USA
- Russian Historiography
- History of World Culture
- Ethnology and Social Anthropology
- Source Studies
- History of the Primeval Society and Fundamentals of Archaeology
- The programme preserves the classical traditions of the St Petersburg school of history and the academic nature of teaching. The curriculum successfully combines the traditions of classical historical education with the modern approaches and tasks of history science. Students acquire in-depth theoretical knowledge in the humanities related to the research and academic area of study ‘History and Archaeology'.
- The interdisciplinary approach to education is backed up by the involvement of leading national and foreign scholars specialising in various fields of knowledge. The curriculum combines: unique lecture courses in historical, philological, legal, philosophical, sociological, political, cultural and other related disciplines; seminars in archives and museums; and field ethnological, archaeological and militarypatriotic practices.
- Elective courses make it possible for students to build their own educational path with a narrower focus. The total workload of elective courses in the curriculum exceeds the minimum requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard.
- Access to the complex of museums, libraries and archives of St Petersburg and the Leningrad Region ensures involvement in the professional environment and direct contact with historical and cultural monuments.
- There is cooperation with the leading universities and research centres in Russia and the world. This gives students the opportunity for included training. They can participate in academic exchange programmes complying with the agreements between St Petersburg University and foreign partner universities.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
- New Bulgarian University (Bulgaria)
- The University of Bergen (Norway)
- The University of Wrocław (Poland)
- Archaeological Practice
- Archive Practice
- Military-Patriotic Practice
- Museum Work Experience
- Teaching Practice
- Ethnographic Practice
- Archive worker
- Museum worker
- Creative professional
- Mass media professionals, including editorial offices and publishing houses
- Specialist in historical, cultural and experiential tourism
- Educator (children and youth leisure centres)
- Educator (cultural and educational centres)
- Educator (secondary schools and professional vocational education)