Foreign Literatures and Cultures
45.04.01 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Foreign Literatures
- Comparative Literary Studies
- Studies of Foreign Cultures
- Concepts of Modern Literary Theory
- History and Methods of Literary Studies
- History of Aesthetics
- Comparative Studies
- Introduction to Gender Studies
- Comparative Study of Literary Topoi
- Historical Poetics of Genres
- Style as a Cultural Phenomenon
- History of Arts
- Foreign Language
- The academic programme ‘Foreign Literatures and Cultures’ is designed to train multiskilled specialists with in-depth knowledge of: the laws of the world literary process; the theory of literature and the system of genres; and foreign languages. They will be capable of conducting successful teaching and research activities.
- Graduates of the department have comprehensive training in the history of foreign literature and literary disciplines. They are able to analyse independently literary material. They are philologists in the broad sense and speak foreign languages at the proficiency level.
- The University of Freiburg
- The University of Konstanz
- The University of Turku
- The University of Poitiers
- Research into literary phenomena in the context of the literary process of the era, which determined their ideological and thematic, and genre and stylistic specific features
- Research into the national social and culturally specific features of the literary phenomena
- Comparative study of literary phenomena, dialogue of cultures, ascending and descending relationships, and intermediality issues
The programme is aimed at training specialists capable of research, training and project development in the field of foreign philology, cultural studies of foreign countries and comparative literary studies, depending on the profile of training.
The graduates can pursue a career of teachers of foreign literatures at secondary and higher education institutions, literary critics and publishers.