Linguistic Support for the Public Service
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The master’s programme "Linguistic Support for the Public Service" provides students with the knowledge, theoretical and practical skills to work with linguistic material that supports the activities of the public service
- During training, students master a complex set of information on the scientific-theoretical and applied aspects of working with various oral and written texts functioning in various fields of the public service
- Special attention is paid to practical competencies in analysing and drafting texts and other linguistic products that are in demand and routine in the field
- The programme trains communications officers in the professional area of the public service
- Modern Russian: Norm and Realisation
- Practical Stylistics
- Applied Rhetoric
- Standards of Russian Speech: Problems and Ways of Solving Them
- Document Science and Document Management
Graduates of the programme have theoretical knowledge and a practical skills set to work with texts of different styles and genres, functioning in different areas in the public service, taking into account the following aspects: language policy of the Russian Federation; tasks of professional activity of civil servants; social policy of the Russian Federation; and international political situation.
During practical training, internships and professional training at the University clinics, students form an idea of: the importance of linguistic support of the public service (especially in the area of informing and intersection of linguistics and law); and the legal and patriotic component of linguistic work in the public service.