Master in Corporate Finance — MCF
38.04.02 In english and russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
The programme is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (АССА). The programme is designed to train experts who will be able to perform any finance function in any company anywhere in the world. The use of ACCA international standards, the development of managerial skills, group work on application projects from corporate partners, as well as the 'double degree' programme and study placements at overseas business schools are just some of the benefits of the MCF programme. The programme will be of interest to: • Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in finance and economics – for more in-depth study of financial disciplines • Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in physics, mathematics, science and IT – for a step change in their professional vector towards finance • Graduates with experience in different fields – to systematise their knowledge in finance and optimise their strategy for obtaining ACCA certification MCF graduates will be capable of: • carrying out economic and financial analysis of the behaviour of economic agents and markets • using methods of strategic and financial analysis of companies • designing organisational development and change programmes and ensuring their implementation • using quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis for scientific and practical research and business process management Additionally, graduates have the opportunity to be qualified for exemption from 9 of the 13 ACCA modules based on successful exam results. The programme is aimed at training specialists who are able to develop and apply existing approaches and methods for making decisions based on financial data: • Assessing the financial performance of the company and its divisions • Building a system of value drivers for the company • Developing the company’s financial planning system • Developing the company’s policy on sources of funding • Improving the company’s working capital management system • Building a risk management system for the company • Valuation of the company • Appraisal of investment projects Acquired competencies: • Practical skills in using financial tools and models • Experience in implementing an applied finance project • Strong professional, analytical and leadership skills
- The faculty with relevant experience in the financial sector and ACCA, CIMA, CFA certificates, as well as guest lecturers from the best international business schools
- After completing the MCF programme, graduates receive an official transfer for 9 ACCA exams and can immediately proceed to the final 4 exams of the professional level.
- The teaching process takes place in a cross-cultural environment, which makes it possible to increase competitive advantages of graduates in the international labour market.
- A variety of elective courses enables MCF students to personalise their curriculum.
- Students of the programme become part of the professional community. This includes alumni and professors of the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University, as well as more than 200,000 ACCA members who are ready to become mentors and provide support in training and career building.
- Part of the general disciplines will be taught online. This will enable students to: choose elective courses and gain additional knowledge without prejudice to the main programme; and fully participate in the educational process, even while studying abroad or on an internship in a company.
- Students have an opportunity to take part in the competition and study for a semester abroad at one of the top business schools that are part of a wide range of academic partners of the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University.
- The programme is largely focused on the analysis of real business practices in the field of corporate finance and accounting. The curriculum of the programme involves a mandatory summer internship in a Russian or international company, as well as the implementation of a group consulting project in the field of finance with corporate partners of the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University.
- As part of the programme, students get access to specialised databases containing financial information about many Russian and foreign companies (SCREEN, SPARK, Refinitiv Eikon with Datastream, Bureau van Dijk Orbis, etc.).
Compulsory courses in finance
- Corporate Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance
- Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Economics for Investors
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Performance Management and Decision-Making
- Taxation in Russia
- Corporate Law in Russia
- Audit and Assurance
- Fixed Income and Derivatives
- Deal Structuring
- Excel for Finance Professionals
- Tools for Financial Data Analysis
- Advanced Performance Management
- Alternative Investment and Portfolio Management
- Financial Technologies
- Infrastructure and Project Finance
- Data Governance
- Financial Econometrics
Developing professional skills of managers
- Language of Professional Communications
- Effective Team Work
- Project Management
- How to make a good idea great
- Ethics and Professional Conduct
There are more than 80 partners. Among them are:
- The École des Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris (HEC Paris) (France)
- ESIC Business & Marketing School (Spain)
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, University College Dublin (Ireland)
- Bocconi University (Italy)
- The University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- The Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden)
- Nova School of Business & Economics (Portugal)
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (the Netherlands)
- Queen’s University School of Business (Canada)
- Babson College (the USA)
- Efficiency of banks
- Corporate finance
- Risk management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital structure
- Appraisal of investment projects
- Equity liquidity
- Asset valuation
- Valuation of digital products
- Sustainable finance and ESG
The programme is internationally accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Career prospects
- Financial & Investment analysis
- Transaction structuring
- Project funding
- Portfolio Management
- Risk management
- Financial accounting and controlling
- Planning and budgeting
The programme is temporarily suspended.
Students of the programme have access to a double-diploma model with Kozminski University (Poland), which is part of an elite group of educational institutions that hold three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. Kozminski University's partner programme Master in Finance and Accounting is ranked 21st in the Financial Times (2021) global ranking of master's programmes in finance.