Master in Corporate Finance — MCF
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The faculty with relevant experience in the financial sector and ACCA, CIMA, CFA certificates, as well as guest lecturers from the best international business schools
- After completing the MCF programme, alumni receive an official transfer for 9 ACCA exams and can immediately proceed to the final 4 exams of the professional level.
- The programme is implemented entirely in English, the learning process takes place in a cross-cultural environment, which helps to enhance the competitiveness of alumni in the international labor market.
- A variety of elective courses allows students to personalize their curriculum.
- Students of the programme become part of the professional community, which includes alumni and professors of GSOM SPbU, as well as more than 200 000 ACCA members who are ready to become mentors and provide support in training and career building.
- Part of the general disciplines will be implemented online, which will allow students to choose electives and gain additional knowledge without prejudice to the main programme, as well as fully participate in the educational process, even while studying abroad or on an internship in a company.
- Students can, on a competitive basis, take a semester of study abroad at one of the leading universities / business schools included in a wide list of academic partners of the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University.
- The programme is largely focused on the analysis of real business practices in the field of corporate finance and accounting.
- The curriculum of the programme involves a mandatory summer internship in a Russian or international company, as well as the implementation of a group consulting project in the field of finance
- As part of the programme, students get access to specialized databases containing financial information about many Russian and foreign companies (SCREEN, SPARK, Refinitiv Eikon with Datastream, Bureau van Dijk Orbis, etc.)
- Students of the programme can take part in a double degree program with Kozminski University (Poland)
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Consulting Project
- Corporate Finance
- International Financial Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Professional Skills of Managers
- Risk Management
- Contemporary Strategic Analysis
- Financial Markets and Instruments
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Managerial Economics
- Professional Skills of Managers
- Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish, or Russian)
The programme is aimed at training specialists who are able to develop and apply existing approaches and methods for making decisions based on financial data:
- Assessment of the financial performance of the company and its divisions
- Building a system of value drivers for the company
- Development of the company’s financial planning system
- Development of the company’s policy in the field of funding sources
- Improving the company’s working capital management system
- Building a risk management system for the company
- Valuation of the company
- Investment projects evaluation
- Practical skills in using financial tools and models
- Experience in implementing an applied finance project
- Strong professional, analytical and leadership skills
- Career prospects
- Financial & Investment analysis
- Transaction structuring
- Project funding
- Portfolio Management
- Risk management
- Financial accounting and controlling
- Planning and budgeting
The programme is internationally accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).