Real Property Cadastre: Assessment and Information Support
21.03.02In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- Aerospace Surveys and Photogrammetry
- Legal Support for Real Estate Cadastre
- Urban Development Management
- Information Security and Information Protection
- Cartography and Geodetic Support of Cadastre
- Normative and Technical Base of Real Estate Cadastre
- Organisation and Technology of Real Estate Cadastre
- Fundamentals of State Land Policy
- Current Issues in Land Use
- Territorial Planning and Management
- Economic Aspects of the Real Estate Cadastre
- The programme is designed to train specialists in: cadastral registration of real estate; the formation of land lots and other real estate; and cadastral valuation and registration of real estate.
- The programme is unique in that it provides an opportunity to receive a broad fundamental university education in informational, geoinformational, economic and legal support of the real estate cadastre, as well as in Earth sciences. It compares favourably with similar academic programmes implemented in technical and agricultural universities. Graduates of the programme have significant advantages both in the labour market and in their future research activities.
- The programme is unique in that it trains students who are capable of: collecting, processing, analysing, synthesising, evaluating, storing, and transmitting various spatial data. They will use information technology to create a single information space for property management at the state and municipal levels when organising the rational use of land as the main state resource.
- The programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the compliance of competencies with the job functions of such professions as: specialist in cadastre; specialist in space services based on the use of Earth remote sensing data; and specialist in geographical information systems and technologies for solving problems at the national and municipal level. The programme compares favourably with similar academic programmes at other universities by its interdisciplinary approach.
- Graduates of the bachelor’s programmes speak English at a level of proficiency comparable to the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
As part of international academic mobility programmes, students of St Petersburg University do practical training in Finland (Åbo Akademi University, the University of Turku) and Norway (the Arctic University of Norway, the University of Stavanger).
The bachelor degree programme trains specialists to work in the agencies of Real Estate Cadastre and Unified State Register of Immovable Property. Graduates land jobs in organisations which support sustainable land use and the development of effective strategy and active policy of land and property relations. They are well-placed to use information technology to process spatial data to provide comprehensive information management of real estate when planning and developing land protection and/or updating the records, evaluating, registering new real estate in the cadastre.
- State Accreditation Certificate No 2011 dated 16 June 2016