Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Main educational courses
- Modern continuum mechanics
- Numerical methods in mechanics
- Computer Technologies in Mechanics. Analytical software
- Computer Technologies in Mechanics. Applied Software
- Computer Modelling and Applied Software
- Machine learning and Big data
- History of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics
- Research Seminar. Advanced Problems of Mechanics
- Interdisciplinary problems in mechanics
- Principles of Scientific Research
- Material Science
- Dynamics and control theory
- Experiments in Aerodynamics
- Introduction in Biomechanics
- Multiphase flows
- Boundary problems of nonlocal hydrodynamics
- Vibrations of elastic bodies
- Advanced solid mechanics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Rigid body mechanics: theory and applications
- Physical Mechanisms of Deformation and Fracture
- Asymptotic Methods in Mechanics
- Non-equilibrium Gas Dynamics
- Introduction to Deformation and Fracture of Solids
- Stability of Elastic Systems
- Introduction in nanomechanics
- Hypersonic flows
Scientific research domains
- Mechanics of solids
- Mechanics of fluids, gas and plasma
- Mechanics of composites and nanomaterials
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Dynamics of charged microparticles
- Spacecraft dynamics
- Oscillations of rigid and elastic bodies, rotor dynamics
- Mechanics of nonholonomic systems
- Supersonic and subsonic aerodynamics
- Transport and relaxation theory in nonequilibrium media
- Theory of elasticity, viscoelasticity and plasticity
- Physical mechanics of continuous media
- Electromechanics and Robotics
Benefits of the programme
- The programme is aimed at training highly qualified and internationally competitive specialists in the field of mechanics.
- The programme trains in all main fields of modern mechanics, as well as interdisciplinary areas at the intersection of chemistry, physics, biology, computational mathematics and other sciences.
- Particular attention is paid to the formation and development of skills in conducting scientific research, applying the apparatus of modern theoretical and applied mathematics to solve urgent problems in analytical mechanics, control theory, mechanics of solids, mechanics of fluids, gases and plasma, nano- and biomechanics.
- The programme is designed to provide students with a holistic study of higher mathematics, fundamental mechanics and computer modeling techniques, as well as to develop their ability to research and scientific activities.
- Scientific activity is conducted in existing leading scientific schools in mechanics. Students are involved in scientific projects of famous scientists in challenging areas of science that are critical for modern society. It is possible to conduct research on unique experimental facilities in our own laboratories and SPbU resource centers.
- The programme is implemented by an outstanding team of teachers, including more than 20 professors working in the most challenging areas of mechanics: mechanics of nano-materials, composites, shape memory alloys; dynamics of complex and nonequilibrium media; computational and experimental aeromechanics; analytical mechanics; biomechanics.
Graduates of the program are ready for successful professional activities in the Russian Federation and abroad in research, development and design institutes, in the civil and mechanical engineering, in the space and rocket industry, in the media of computerization and communication, and other fields of technology and science. Main fields of activity are mathematical modeling, scientific and applied research for the science-driven high-tech industries, industrial and technological activities.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.