The departments of the Psychological Clinic:
- psychological support service
- department of mental health of infants and young children
- department of professional and personal counselling
Counselling is provided by academic staff at the Faculty of Psychology who are experts with extensive experience and relevant qualifications in the field of psychological counselling together with the University students who have undergone special training
Psychological support service
The psychological support service aims to provide assistance and support in solving psychological problems and overcoming difficult life situations. Leading experts will help you understand yourself, make your personal and family relationships more productive, and improve your quality of life.
If you find yourself in a difficult life situation or have difficulties in solving psychological problems related to school, conflicts in the family, experiencing a feeling of loneliness, adapting to new conditions, self-determination, finding yourself, interpersonal relationships, anxiety or depression, you can get free psychological assistance at the Psychological Clinic at St Petersburg University.
Consultations are provided by academic staff with senior students or doctoral students at the Faculty of Psychology at St Petersburg University who have undergone special training. The meeting lasts 50 minutes. You can get up to five psychological consultations.
Department of mental health of infants and young children
The department provides psychological assistance to families with infants and young children.
The clinic's specialists will help in resolving the following issues:
- relationships with children, their upbringing, all-round development and emotional well-being
- psychological support for families of social risk groups with infants and young children
- assistance to families raising infants and young children with disabilities
- helping families raising young and preschool children with experience in an orphanage
Department of professional and personal counselling
The department aims to provide psychological assistance in professional determination, choosing a career, and finding ways of personal realisation.
The Psychological Clinic will provide psychological assistance and aid to:
Schoolchildren and applicants
- to choose the most suitable profession
- to understand your interests and abilities
- to choose an area of study at school, draw up a personal professional plan
- to take a course of psychological preparation for exams
Students, graduates of secondary and higher education institutions, early-career professionals
- to make a decision on further professional specialisation
- to adjust professional and educational routes
- to understand the reasons for academic failure
- to determine the directions of professional development, taking into account the trends of the labour market
- to find personal resources to unleash professional potential
- to understand what may result in difficulties in professional development associated with personal difficulties, dissatisfaction with previous professional choices or a unique situation of personal determination
- to find new ways for your professional future
- to draw up a personal plan for professional development, additional education, short-term courses
- to identify the points of professional growth and career development
- to provide information on education and professional determination of schoolchildren.