The main form of the practice at the Clinic is project activity, with working groups built from motivated students who independently implement research under the supervision and consultations of curators and a supervisor.
Employees of the Sociological Clinic, University academic staff, or customers can be curators. This aims to increase the quality of research methodology.
Working on a project includes the following:
- Meeting and negotiations with the customer, formulating the problem
- Writing and approval of the research programme
- Analysis of the literature on the problem
- Drawing up a theoretical model
- Methodology development
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Writing a report
- Presentation of the research results to the customer
- Preparation of a poster and other materials telling about the study
Most projects are implemented within one semester, but there are also longer projects.